Mobile Legends Adventure in an idle RPG based on the famous MOBA game “Mobile Legends Bang Bang“. You collection a variety of heroes and goes on an adventure. The game is still popular, so i wanted to do review on it. Let’s find out more about this game.
What is the Story of Mobile Legends Adventure?
After a nice intro in Anime, the game starts talking about Akashic answer which is a bit confusing, anyway you end up waking up to see a Layla in your face. It’s the first time i have some trouble understanding the story of a game. What i understand is things went wrong and end up destroying the world, luckily all is not over as Lunox manage to send you back to the past to avoid this tragedy.
How is the Game play of Mobile Legends Adventure?
As you listen to the dialogue of Layla, you will start a lengthy tutorial where you will learn about combat, positioning, upgrade heroes, equip heroes and summoning. The game is rather simple, form a team of 5 heroes and fight against another team or boss. As all idle game power level will determine whether you win or lose the battle. So you job is to maintain your power level high enough to tackle stages and manage your team to victory.
Power level can be increase in various way such as
- Leveling a Hero – including limit break
- Equip the Hero with gear – sets or better rarity
- Fusing the Hero – more star means better stats
Heroes come in 3 rarity namely Rare(useless hero), SR(Elite Hero) and, SSR(Epic Hero). However when it comes to fusion things are a bit more complicated. Mobile Legends Adventure uses a star system where you fuse hero of the same star to obtain a higher star hero. Here’s a good example:
- 3 star + 3 star = 4 star
- 4 star + 4 star = 5 star
- 5 star + 5 star = 1 red star
- 1 red star + 1 red star = 2 red star
Fusion works with any rarity of hero, 3 to 6 star can be fuse together as long as they belong to the same faction. To get to 7 star aka 1 red star, you will need a copy of that hero, then the rest work as the normal fusion as long as you are using the same faction. You can fuse up to 9 star for now.
Note that this game has the option to auto level your heroes as long as you have 5 heroes leveled up. A building name Holy Shrine will let you save load of resources and let you level up heroes that you want to use later on. Keep in mind that it will always take the lowest level hero and transfer it to the other non main heroes.
If i didn’t mention gear, it’s because they barely give you power early on. Much later in the game when you start unlocking faction sets and epic quality gear, then you can start focus on them. Use your fodder gear below epic rank to level up your gear.
Beside the campaign where you battle stage to stage to clear the world map, you can try other modes although combat maybe the same but the rule will be different. Here’s a list of other game modes:
- Labyrinth – A little puzzle mode where you will have to clear a board from enemies to move to the next floor. you will have to flip a square in order to discover enemy, bonus, merchant and summon help. Last floor will have a boss waiting for you which you can clear easily if you accumulated enough bonuses from slaying the monster on a floor.
- Tower of Babel – Challenge each floor to move to the next one. Note that the power of monster increase on each floor but reward does get better and better as you climb up.
- Tavern – Send your heroes to expedition quests. Note that hero you send is still available to play the other game modes. You have solo bounty and team bounty where you will need a friend hero to complete it. It takes around 1 to 4 hr depending the rarity of the bounty.
- Akashic Ruins – Another little classic rpg game where you move your hero to collect buff or fight enemies to obtain keys to open lock doors. Collect and beat everything on the little map to obtain monolith.
- Arena – your PVP mode where you fight other player to climb rank to obtain daily rewards according to your rank and league.
- Realm of Legends – Another little rpg mode but more accentuate towards solving a puzzle in correct order. Same rule as Akashic Ruins, collect and beat everything.
- Trek of Miracle – Explore the little map with aboard your ship, you will be rewarded with 3 chest if you complete the fight with the requirements. Try to complete the map with maximum rewards in hand.
- Guild Boss – Fight the guild boss daily on a limited time and try to do as much damage as you can.
- Event Boss – Fight the event boss for a currency that you can exchange for good prices.
Mobile Legends Adventure use different 2D graphic. The miniature version of the heroes are used during combat and the beautiful animated illustration of the heroes in the info section. The illustration are really good and detailed compare to the mini version. Now why did they choose 2 different style of graphic, i don’t know!! The game would have been super nice if they kept the character to normal size with the graphic of the illustrations.
Same goes for the skills, they do a zoom in and out of the mini character doing it’s ultimate. The result is a boring and outdated animation which you will turn off and easily forget. However some skin do have a Flashy skill animation but unfortunately those skins are locked behind a pay wall. Some fan service from those 2D animation like bouncing chest of female heroes which i think become a requirement for every game now.
The background is a standard static 2D with a very small light or fire animation for all the screen except the campaign where you can see your heroes fighting. Next thing worth mentioning are the skins, they look really good, they are well illustrated and animated. They respected the design from the original game of Mobile Legends Bang Bang and skin look even better as they are animated here.
As expected Mobile Legends Adventure is like all idle games, control doesn’t really apply to them. As most of the time you will only tap a button or switch position of your heroes. The Auto mode will do all the fighting for including casting hero skills, so it’s not applicable here.
Sound & Music
Another game with the same music repeating itself every 10 seconds. This will get boring quickly, which you will turn off the music and put some music of your choice instead. Part of the story has voice actor which make the story interesting. Reading dialogue only make you just want to skip the story which is sad as the story is not that bad. Of course all your heroes has a voice actor line when doing their ultimate(which becoming annoying to hear for some hero).
What is the Game Length of Mobile Legends Adventure?
Once you reach level 80+, the game pace slows down and you will have to rely on your daily quests to get additional rewards. Daily quests takes around 10 min, the labyrinth takes a bit more time to complete as more grid and level are added. Remember that your maximum afk reward cannot exceed 12 hours, so be sure to connect at least 2 times per day to collect them. As a F2P, your progress will depend on it.
Is Mobile Legends Adventure Free to play?
The game is F2P and does offer a good amount of gems to do multiple pull. However the VIP is locked behind pay wall is not F2P at all. Even that they give you some free VIP points in achievements after you clear a chapter. Sadly it’s a 1 time reward, you will be stuck on a certain VIP level unless you decide to buy some points. It’s possible to play as F2P but your progression will be very slow. It may take you a full year to get your team to a decent amount of stars.
Is Mobile Legends Adventure Pay to win?
Yes, it’s a P2W game. The VIP points, battle pass, SSR fragments, gems and skins are only for spenders. The game can boost your hero to a good amount of star if your going to spend. Of course, things will slow down much later in the game as expected for an idle game. Spending some money will definitely make you more powerful than any F2P but be careful with the summons as the rate are not that good.
They give you the option to watch up to 4 ads to obtain gems daily.
The cash shop will have different packages, monthly pass, starlight pass(season pass) and of course it’s VIP pass. The shop is the standard cash shop in all other game with price varying between $1 to $100. Be careful when spending on summoning tickets as RNG can mess you up badly, remember that your not guaranteed any SSR and may end up wasting your money. The best value for money is the Diamond Fund and the Starlight pass.
What is the Life span of Mobile Legends Adventure?
Idle game tends to have a good life span as they have an infinite loop of gameplay that repeat again and again. In other word, you will never reach the end stage as developer will release other stages by the time you will reach it. While this is good news for Mobile Legends Adventure, i fear that people may get bored of the game and move for a newer idle game.
Most of the player are fans of Mobile Legends Bang Bang and will support the game but on the other hand, someone who is new to Mobile Legends will have no attachment to the game specially if they had bad RNG and is progressing very slowly. In the end i think Mobile Legends Adventure will be with us as long as long as Mobile Legends Bang Bang will stay popular and exist.
A little management of heroes is always a good way to improve your management skills. As the game has faction system, this will let you use different strategy to defeat them. Just be careful when your spending a gacha game, look for package that will benefit your progression and is worth your money.
- Make skill animation look better
- VIP points accessible for F2P
- Guaranty an SSR unit in a 10 pull for summoning
- Better Summoning Rate
- Balance heroes with aoe skills
- Change the limit of afk rewards to 24hr
- Better afk reward as progression is slow
- More F2P events
- Skins available for F2P
- Better background music
- Remove the content lock behind progression level specially for skin
- Add a sort for heroes
- Lower the cost of summoning for events
- More ways to obtain gems later on
They do update the game every 2 weeks with new events, skins and balance over some heroes. They are also adding new heroes and are upgrading some SR heroes to SSR.
Should you play Mobile Legends Adventure?
Yes, don’t mistake Mobile Legends Adventure for another standard idle game as it is not the case. Although it is the case early on in the game but things will make this game more interesting later on. As you unlock more content and game modes, you will see a very good idle game. I don’t like the contents locked behind progression as this may make a new player miss the good part of the game. Some player will leave after the 7 days as they will see nothing new or interesting going on.
As an idle game, Mobile Legends Adventure is a game of patience after all. Yes it’s P2W will boost you forward compare to F2P but you will eventually slow down in progression. I would say it’s not the best or the worst idle game on the mobile world, remember again it’s an idle game so your progression won’t be as fast as an RPG. You won’t be able to finish the game no matter how much you spend, chill, relax and enjoy the game.
- Overall Rating : Positive
- Type : IDLE RPG
- Category : Free to Play
- Contains Ads : Yes
- Micro Transaction : Yes
- Country : Global
- Content Rating : Teen, Violence, Blood
- Mode : Single Player
- Published by: Moonton
- Google Play Score: 4.5
- Installation Size : 148 MB
- Full Size : 3.28 GB
- Platform : Android Version 4.3 and up
- Emulator friendly : Yes
- Connection : Online
- Available on : Google Play, App Store
One thought on “Mobile Legends Adventure Review: Is it good?”
Very nice write-up. I definitely appreciate this site. Thanks!