Where do you download the game?
I download them mainly from Official Sites,
I tend to avoid other website to download my games as they can be risky sources. Risky sources are normally of version with modification including cheats, godmode, infinite gems, etc. All those mode will get your account banned 100% of the time when they catch you.
Does rating determine a game is good or bad?
No, don’t trust ratings as they can be bias. As some game are only rated for the first hour or day which does not represent the whole game. Bad ratings are due to :
- Failed Launch – including fail to download the game, fail to login and server overload.
- Game breaking bug – infinite resources bug, skill bug, game mode not working and game crash.
- Bad customer service – No refund, no communication, no patch note and lost package.
- Bad Start – Long tutorial, long reroll process, long dialog and unbalance difficulty.
Many of those reason are normally fix within 1 or 2 weeks after launch. Many people does not stick to a game when their first impression is a bad one.
Experience the game yourself than relying solely on other people opinion because each of us is different and so is our taste.
What is a free to play game?
Free to play aka F2P. It’s a game where the player has free access to the majority of the game without spending any money.
It’s important to know that a free to play game is not a free game. As free to play is a business model which does have different name such as freemium or free to start.
All free to play games will have either microtransactions or integrate advertisements. This will help the publisher to obtain money in an alternative way.
Many publisher uses free to play as business model to fight against piracy. Today nearly all mobile games are free to play and requires no payment at all.
What is a pay to win game?
Pay to win aka P2W. It’s a game where the player gain an advantage over a free to play via the microtransactions.
Those advantages are specials items like weapons, armor, skins with stats or character only obtainable in cash shop, skip cooldown timers, refill energy, refill daily chances, VIP privilege’s, season pass and downloadable content(DLC).
Many people consider P2W game a bad game which is not the case. It all depends on you, some people can afford supporting a game via microtransactions.
On the other hand, some publisher go to a full P2W game and ignore the F2P but they still call it a free to play game as a clickbait.
What is play to Earn game?
Play to earn aka P2E. It’s a game where player can get real money or crypto simply by playing the game.
P2E is a recent evolution of the gaming world where it consider the player as either a shareholder or an e-sport gamer.
The shareholder is also known as NFT, lands, nodes, etc. Player will own a part of the game or character which they can use to earn passive earning.
The e-sport aspect is where you play the game quests, tournaments and events to receive payment. It is more fun to play a game than letting your computer on all day to mine crypto.
Should i follow Tier List?
A player should avoid following Tierlist blindly as
- Applicable for fully build characters
- Applicable for end game content
- Ruin your game experience
- Copycat blindly someone else (Meta Slave)
- Not applicable for all content of the game
- Not applicable for team synergy
- Mostly for P2W
- Invalid for global version
- Has not been tested in global version
- Will make you reroll until burnout
- Will make you quit the game faster
- Lose interest in the game(no challenge)
- Someone else is playing the game for you
How to avoid burn out in a game?
It all depends on you, always look for games that adapt with your daily life. Burn out happens when
- List of daily quests is too long
- Too many repetitive content
- Quest take a long time to finish
- Require too much manual game play
- Lack of content
- Slow progression
- Unfair gap between F2P and P2W
- Repetitive events
- Too much content
What are the different type of ads?
Ads stands for Advertisement and Discovery of Services. There are 3 type of ads :
- Own Ads – the game own advertisement including discount, codes and limited offers
- Force Ads – all type of advertisement not related to the game which appear without your intervention and permission
- Propose Ads – Advertisement which require your permission to show up